Junior Jack and Tube & Berger talk about a new collaboration – E Samba 2018
JUNIOR JACK INTERVIEWS TUBE & BERGER
You run the successful Kittball label as well as touring the world djing. How do you manage to run both sides of the business?
The answer is, we don’t. Without the help of Juliet Sikora and a few other great human beings, nothing would work.
2. If you could have signed anyone to Kittball from when you first started the label, who would it have been and why?
There have been a few great acts since we started Kittball but the funniest guy around seems to be Fisher Oz. His tunes are so groovy and ironic but absolute bangers and his Instagram is hilarious.
3. If you could curate a Kittball stage at a major electronic music festival and could book any artists, who would end up playing?
Ouff! The stage would probably look like a fantasy movie and be at Burning Man with a very mixed lineup. We are both big fans of a guy called Felix Laband and he would be a great opener. JJ? Would you be up for a b2b with Kid Creme to bring back the good old days maybe? Or a b2b2b with Dj Falcon, Thomas Bangaltar and maybe… Jesse & Crabbe?
Our friend Paji performing his outstanding live set is a must as well and of course, Mike Skinner from The Streets is on board randomly rapping some deep shit who gets joined by Aphex Twin. Getting a little darker towards the end with a band called Lorn. The closing shall be done the one and only Clint Mansell.
4. As remixers yourselves, who would you most like to remix if the opportunity arose and why?
It would probably be Daft Punk or the Chemical Brothers because it would take forever to finish this.
5. Growing up as aspiring DJs, who were your earliest influences?
Besides Daft Punk and The Chemical Brothers, it was the French House stuff that was released on Roulé and music from an Italian guy called Junior Jack!
6. Best record shop in the world for vinyl?
Flipside in Düsseldorf… it closed a few years ago and that made us very sad.
TUBE & BERGER INTERVIEW JUNIOR JACK
1. What is your favourite record of all time?
Too many to choose from … I’ll give you the first 3 in mind:
-Harry Romero -Night @ The Black
-Kings Of Tomorrow -Finally
-Junior Jack -Thrill Me
2. If you were sent to a lonely island what 3 things would you take with you?
Laptop, solar battery and a porn movie
3. Besides music, what drives you / is your hobby?
I have a few…3D Virtual worlds, Interior design and Architecture.
4. Everyone talks about Techno nowadays and many DJs and producers turned from House & Tech House to “techno only” – thoughts?
Nowadays all the “names” for genres are mixed. Personally, I don’t choose labels or “genres” if I like it, I like it…
5. It seems to us that in the good old days when you released some of the biggest House music records of all time people were much more positive. We remember that we thought world peace is very close. Now, with Brexit, Trump, a Cold War and a planet full of plastic trash things look different. What can we do to save the world?
I never answer a question with a question…do you really think that DJs/music producers have the power to change the world? LOL
Check out the track HERE!